35 and 36 weeks!
Yes, two more weeks combined into one post. It seems the closer we get to baby, the more I’m doing, and the less blogging I’m getting done. We have washed all of BP’s diapers, clothes, bottles, pacifiers, extra nipples, wipes, towels, blankets, etc. We need to wash the components of the pump – but that’s a task for this coming weekend. We got our bottle warmer out and set up and I finally got all the bottles and such out of the baby’s closet and into more sensible locations (like the kitchen!)
The high chair is still in the baby’s room on the floor, in the box, but we’ll get it moved out. We also got some of the décor up on the walls, and only have a little bit more to add.
The glider my parents are giving us is almost ready – my mom is reupholstering it from Route 66 fabric to a blue and white plaid that makes much more sense in a baby’s room. I saw it this week and it looks awesome.
My work people are throwing me a baby shower tomorrow and then I’ll wash whatever remains to be washed. I have started packing my bag as well as the baby’s bag and we even have a very simple birth plan. I did tell Brett that if this baby decides to come during the Super Bowl and the Broncos are playing, to have the game on – if nothing else it will make a good focal point J However, don’t expect and Broncos themed baby names. We’ve already got names picked out.
Last appointment had baby head down still – and I’m pretty sure they’ve started moving lower into my pelvis and engaging because there has been more pressure and pain this week than in weeks’ past. Dr. said to make sure baby moves at least 10 times a day – our Mexican Jumping Bean does not have a problem with that. They are most active between 3 and 5 in the afternoon but also while I’m watching TV and putting my feet up. Baby does like to sleep while I sleep, which is appreciated. I’m still sleeping most of the night – there have been a few nights where I move a lot because my hips start to hurt but that hasn’t been too often.
I did have a bought with my sciatic nerve last week that I thought would put me over. I could barely walk at points much less do anything else. Even sitting was painful – I’ve also had to get help putting my shoes on a few times. I did invest in some compression socks and those have been wonderful! I was having slight swelling in my ankles at the end of the day, but the compression socks are preventing that.
We have a few things left to get for Little Baby P and then we really will be all set (which is good, since Baby could come at any time). We don’t have a stroller yet - - - I keep hoping it’ll show up as a gift from somewhere or someone. We did get a nice box of stuff from my Aunt Laurie this week that was really appreciated. We also picked out going home outfits – one for a girl and one for a boy. I wonder which one we will end up using this time around J
There really isn’t much more to add. I’ll try to be better next week about posting. Here are some photos of our progress as well as weekly photos of me. I don’t know what order they’ll post in, but enjoy them.
Until Next Time~
~Sam~







No comments:
Post a Comment