I'm combining these two weeks, because I wasn't about to worry about updating my blog while enjoying a tropical vacation with my husband and our friends. We spent 8/24-8/31 in the Dominican Republic to celebrate our friends' wedding. It was so much fun to see all our friends as well as enjoy some stress free time relaxing in the pool and on the beach. We had a really good time. I was glad to come home though, there just isn't anything like sleeping in your own bed. We both also missed the dogs. They were glad we came home too, even though I'm quite sure they had fun with their sitters.
Week 12, baby was the size of a Plum. Week 12 is also the final week of the first trimester and I felt really good. The only awkward moment was when they served chicken at the wedding reception. I find chicken so very appalling. Brett had to cut up the chicken and then I only ate a couple bites, which I pretty much had to force down. Needless to say I enjoyed the sides and Brett got me a rice krispie treat from our room. We spent a lot of time swimming, relaxing, and hanging out with friends we rarely see. Flying proved to be no problem and I didn't really have any negative parts of the trip (except the chicken).
Week 13, Baby P is now the size of Peach and in my opinion I'm starting to show. I have a check up today, nothing big or major, so I doubt there will be anything big to follow. My next appointment is August 28th and then again on September 28th. September 28th is our 20week ultra sound where they do the anatomy scan. Don't get your hopes up though, we don't plan to find out what Baby P is until they make their debut in 2013. Since our return I've had a mild headache from the adjustment in height above sea level. I slept like the dead yesterday, and even took a nap in the afternoon, so I've been recuperating. :) I go back to work on Monday.
I don't know that I have any more to add today. Here are some photos for you to enjoy.
 |
| Where the wedding was |
 |
| Brett and I ready for the wedding |
 |
| Mr. and Mrs. Meiners |
 |
| Ready for the Reception |
 |
| Us and the happy Couple |
 |
| At the reception |
 |
| enjoying the ocean |
 |
| enjoying the pool |
 |
| Ready for Dinner |
 |
| Ocean |
 |
| Brett |
 |
| Me |
 |
| Sunset |
 |
| Sunset |
 |
| Sunset photo op |
 |
| Leaving the country |
 |
| 12 weeks ~ 7/26/12 ~ Plum | |
 |
| 13 weeks |
Until Next time,
~Sam~
No comments:
Post a Comment