29 Weeks – Can you believe it? Only 11 weeks or so left until Baby P joins the world and officially has a name (as well as descriptive pronouns)
29 Weeks happened to fall directly on Thanksgiving so we spent the day with family eating, lounging, and just having a good ol’ time. We had ham, turkey, Green Bean Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, rolls, and pie. I do love Ham and Green Bean Casserole – one of my all time favorite foods.
The day before Thanksgiving I had a check-up to see how BP is doing. Heart rate is strong and they didn’t have any concerns. Did my Glucose test and got the results back yesterday (Monday)- I passed! I do however have slightly lower levels of hemoglobin and have been told to take an iron supplement a couple times a week. Better to be slightly anemic than to have Gestational Diabetes in my opinion.
We did go to Babies R Us for Black Friday – but they were already sold out of the high chair we would like to have. Eh, it’s not that big of a deal and I much prefer sleeping in to standing in line – anywhere. We went back to BRU on Sunday to purchase the dresser that matches our crib however they are completely out of it, so that was also a bust. Instead we used our coupon to buy the Pump we wanted.
On Small Business Saturday we went to a local lady who runs an online business (www.bellybuttonsandbubbles.com) who had “show room hours” in honor of SBS at her home. She sells Cloth Diapers. We now have 30 changes of cloth diapers between the 5 pocket diapers, 1 fitted, 12 prefolds, and 12 All in Twos (if you’re confused, don’t worry, so are we). All we really need now are some new born sized covers for our prefolds. Mostly though, we’re all set for BP’s arrival as we have all the basics. Other than the dresser, we’re going to hold off on the rest of the items in hopes that someone out there will get them for us off our registry. The only other slightly expensive item left is the swing/bouncer, other than that it’s mostly things that are under $100.00. I’d really love the bedding set we registered for, however, it’s expensive as snot and some of it we may not use… I guess we’ll see what happens with that.
The only other thing we did this past weekend was to go impromptu car shopping. My G6 “Frances” decided to act up (again!). The check engine light came on Wednesday afternoon and on Friday she was diagnosed with a bad catalytic converter, loose sway bar links, and loose intermediate shaft. Sadly it’s a $1600 repair and the car has 136,4XX miles on it. So – we decided to start looking at cars. I’m fairly certain we’ve decided on a Chevy Traverse – the question now is WHEN to buy. We aren’t in too much of a hurry as Frances is still operational (at least as long as the CC doesn’t plug, then we’re in trouble) so we have some time to sit on it. I’m hoping December will bring some really great “inventory blowout” sales that will have the price we’re looking for.
Well, I guess that’s all for this week. Enjoy the photos! There is one from Thanksgiving at my parents' and one of me. 29 weeks BP is the size of an Acorn Squash.
We hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving and are ready for the Christmas season.
Until Next Time~
~Sam~


No comments:
Post a Comment